Terms & Conditions
All tariffs are quoted in Australian Dollars and are applicable until 1 November 2018.
Tariffs are per night for 2 adults per Villa and include a welcome hamper of provisions.
Additional guests per Villa are charged as follows:
$75.00 extra per adult each per night
$55.00 extra per 3 to 12 year old child each per night
$0.00 extra per 0 to 2 year old child each per night
2. Number of guests per Villa
Each Sea Villa can accommodate 4 people with the addition of infants less than two years. The tariff is for 2 adults, extra adults are charged at $75.00 each per night.
Cots are available free of charge.
Children are welcome and the applicable tariffs are:
0 – 2 years $0.00 extra each per night.
3 – 12 years $55.00 extra each per night.
4. Broadband Internet
WiFi broadband is available in all Villas. To make use of this service guests must provide their own laptop with WiFi capability or WiFi enabled mobile device. WiFi is free of charge. Guests need to ring 1300500139 to request the password for WiFi.
5. Delivery Policy - Online Bookings
Upon making an online booking via the NetBookings online booking system secure server you will receive a confirmation tax invoice page you can print and you will also receive a confirmation tax invoice by email.
6. Deposits & Full Payments
A deposit of 50% of the total booking is to be paid upon making the reservation by credit card to secure a booking. Full payment is due 14 days prior to arrival date.
7. Credit Card – Additional Charges
The Management of Chocolate Gannets reserves the right to charge the credit card of clients for any additional costs incurred, eg.
. Undisclosed usage of the wireless broadband (excluding any special offers)
. Telephone usage:-
$1.00 per local call
$2.00 per STD call
Mobile and International Calls – Charged Accordingly
8. Breakages, losses, and Guest charges.
A standard clean is included in the cost of the accommodation. In the event that a Villa is vacated and left excessively dirty an additional cleaning cost may be charged.
Guests are expected to leave the property in a neat and tidy condition. Guests are responsible for all cleaning charges in the event that the property is left in a condition that requires more than standard cleaning - this will be charged for by using the credit card provided for payment (or left for security).
Guests are responsible for leaving the property in the excellent condition in which it was found. All breakages or losses must be reported immediately to Chocolate Gannets. Reimbursement for minor accidental damage or normal wear and tear may not be charged. The total cost for making good any other damage or loss to the property, contents or garden, will be charged for using the credit card provided for payment (or left for security) . Consumables provided for guests use whilst in-house must not be removed lest they will be charged for.
Chocolate Gannets is not liable for loss of any personal belongings of a guest whilst they are in occupation of our property. Any items found will be held for 6 weeks. Guests should follow up any item/s that may have been left behind - in which case they should send a reply paid envelope to Chocolate Gannets so that the item may be sent to them.
9. Cancellation & Transfers
More than 14 days prior to arrival
Please note that during peak seasons (24th December to 31st January and for the two weeks of Easter) where a booking is cancelled there is no refund of deposit and an additional penalty charge may be applied.
Where a booking is cancelled the balance of the deposit will be refunded less an $80 administration fee.
Where a booking is transferred (1st time) an $80 administration fee will be charged. Guests should also note that transferring to another date and/or Villa may involve additional cost depending on season.
Where a booking is transferred a 2nd time 100% of the original booking total will be charged.
Less than 14 days prior to arrival but more than 48 hours
Where a booking is cancelled but we manage to re-book the dates the balance will be refunded less an $80 administration fee.
Where a booking is cancelled but we are unable to re-book the dates 100% of the booking total will be charged.
Where a booking is transferred to a future date an $80 administration fee will be charged if we manage to re-book the dates. If we are unable to re-book the dates then 100% of the booking total will be payable. Guests should also note that transferring to another date and/or Villa may involve additional cost depending on season.
Less than 48 hours prior to arrival
Where a booking is cancelled 100% of the booking total will be charged. Transfer requests within 48 hours of arrival will be treated as cancellation.
10. Minimum Night Bookings
4 nights – Christmas – New Year and January
4 nights - Easter
4 nights - Melbourne Cup Weekend
(The weekend closest to & including the first Tuesday in November).
3 nights over Long Weekends, and Apollo Bay Music Festival (usually March/April)
Single night bookings are charged 10% extra and are available throughout the year excluding Christmas/January peak period, Easter and long weekends.
Saturday Single night bookings are charged 25% extra and are available throughout the year excluding Christmas/January peak period, Easter and long weekends.
10% discount if booking is 3 or more nights continuous stay in the same Villa (excluding Christmas/January peak period).
10% discount if booking more than one villa on the same night/s (excluding Christmas/January peak period & long weekends).
11. Check In and Check Out Times
Check in Time is from 3:00pm (1500 Hours)
Check out Time is 11:00am (1100 Hours)
Chocolate Gannets is a smoke free venue.
Chocolate Gannets is a pet free environment.
14. No parties or large congregations are permitted at any time, a $AUD1000 fee/charge will be imposed for any breach of this condition and guests will be evicted immediately.
15. You undertake that all details you provide for the purpose of booking, ordering or purchasing products or services are correct; that the credit card you are using is your own; and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the product or service. Your booking may be rejected at any time if you fail to make good on any of these obligations.
16. Payment for the accommodation booking can be made by a credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Amex), direct transfer or bank cheque.
17. The person submitting a booking will be deemed to have accepted the Terms on behalf of all persons named in the booking.
18. The villas are not serviced during your stay. You are responsible for keeping the villa in a clean condition. Where stays are more than 5 days, an additional cleaning service can be provided at additional cost.
19. We shall not be in breach of these Terms and are not liable for a delay or failure to perform any obligation resulting from events or circumstances beyond our control.
20. An event or circumstance beyond our control includes acts of God, war, flood, fire, explosion, civil disobedience, legislation not in force at the date of this agreement, labour disputes, delays or change of third parties including villa owners and any other circumstance, act or thing over which we have no control.
21. The accommodation is provided without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, other than those warranties or conditions which are imposed by and incapable of exclusion, restriction or modification under the laws applicable to these Terms.
22. Your use of the booking facility and your acquisition of goods and services via this Internet Site is at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, we, our agents, representatives and licensors shall not be liable for any loss or injury or any damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, exemplary, special, incidental, consequential or otherwise, including without limitation claims for loss of profits, business, use, bargain or goodwill, loss or corruption of data, or loss of savings, resulting from, or in any way connected to, the use of or access to, or inability to use or access the booking facility or any services provided through it, in each case regardless of whether based in contract, tort (including without limitation) negligence, equity, strict liability, statute or any other basis.
23. To the extent permitted by law, you hereby waive any and all claims against us, and our respective agents, representatives and licensors, arising out of your use of the booking facility.
24. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Chocolate Gannets, its officers, directors, employees, agents, subcontractors, licensors, and suppliers, including all officers, directors, employees, agents, subcontractors, licensors, and suppliers from and against all claims, actions or demands, liabilities, and settlements, including, without limitation, all legal and accounting fees, arising in connection with your use of the booking facility or resulting from, or alleged to result from, your use of the booking facility or your violation of these Terms and Conditions.